April 21, 2017
DES MOINES, IOWA
Vatterott College is now accepting resumes for a Registered/Certified Dental Assistant to fill either an instructor or substitute instructor position. This daytime position is responsible for development, implementation, and instructing curriculum to students to prepare them in the dental assisting field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides related instruction and supervises student training in Dental offices.
2. Prepares class syllabus, outline and daily lesson plans as required. Provides course syllabus and outline to students on the first day of class. Maintains and ensures consistency between the course catalog and the daily lesson plans.
3. Prepares and administers examinations, student projects, and other teaching aids needed to fulfill objectives of program. Sets up classroom, lab, equipment, projects, assignments, etc. in preparation for each new phase or class start.
4. Maintains accurate records of attendance, grades, progress of students, and reports the same in a timely manner to manager.
5. Maintains clean, effective, and professional learning environment.
6. Attends all scheduled in-service activities, meetings, and completes all scheduled/assigned activities in support of individual faculty development plan.
7. Communicates budget needs to Campus Management on a timely basis.
8. Tutors and conducts conferences with students.
9. Maintains discipline and enforces school rules and regulations.
10. Assists with library research needs, and information gathering and makes textbooks recommendations.
11. Participates in committees, graduation ceremonies and other school events.
12. Completes administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND:
Must have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Dental Assistant. Must be both Certified and Registered as a Dental Assistant. The position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook). Excellent spelling and grammar skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, professional, tactful and concise manner, is essential.
June 19, 2017
IOWA CITY, IOWA
The University of Iowa’s College of Dentistry has a full-time permanent Dental Assistant opening in Pediatric Dentistry. UI offers an exciting opportunity to work in a teaching environment with dental students/health care professionals of tomorrow providing clinical chairside dental assistance to faculty and graduate dental students in treatment of dental patients. Interacting with patients, assisting with the management of patients, training dental students in operation of the clinic, developing radiographs, and chair-side dental assisting. Will assist multiple providers.
Hours are Mon.-Fri., 8-5. UI provides a liberal benefit pkg including: 21-36 pd holiday/vacation days/year (based on length of employment); up to 18 pd sick days/year; retirement, health & life insurance plans; staff-tuition scholarship eligibility after 1 year. Transportation via UI vanpool possible for individuals in outlying communities. Competitive salaries. Applicants must have: successful completion of ADAA accredited dental assistant program or 24 full-time months chairside dental assisting experience in 4-handed dental practice; Iowa certificate of dental assistant registration; and State of Iowa radiology certification.
For more information or to apply, visit us at: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/merit/view/020139.
May 31, 2017
Croco Orthodontics is growing and we are looking for an experienced orthodontic assistant to join our team. Our orthodontic assistants work with the doctor to guide teeth into a beautiful smile and functional bite. We strive to develop clinicians who can help treatment progress by developing clinical skills.
What we're looking for:
A passion for helping people achieve their desired smile
Someone who gets excited about patient care
Someone who wants to help our patients become lifelong dental patients who love and take care of their smile
A person who thrives in the middle of busyness and still can make patients feel special
A detail oriented person
A team player
Must have honesty and integrity
A quick learner
Certificate of registration to practice as a dental assistant issued by the Iowa Board of Dental Examiners
Iowa certificate of proficiency in dental radiography
What you'll do:
Follow the doctor's treatment plan for each patient
Assess and analyze treatment progress
Chairside orthodontic assisting and all of the skills involved with that
Oral hygiene and appliance instructions
Learn new skills daily
Resumes can be sent to:
March 1, 2017
Advanced Endodontic Therapy is looking to fill the following positions:
This clinic has developed an efficient system where dental assistants are fully trained and utilized to the maximum in the clinical setting. The system is in place to reduce stress and allow for procedures to flow. Various meetings and manuals will be presented and it is expected that such materials will be learned and implemented while in probation/training period. Therefore, candidates with no previous dental experience or no previous endodontic experience are welcome to apply.
Patient Care Coordinator:
The scheduling coordinator is a very friendly, and outgoing person that thrives in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking.
The coordinator must know all systems of the clinic and therefore must be proactive to read and learn all training manuals and systems of the clinic as well as of the front office. Additionally, they must improve and update systems over time.
The coordinator must display a willingness to be accountable for decisions and judgements while completing tasks with little guidance.
The coordinator must have a mastery of verbal and written English and will be responsible for accurate verbal and written communication with Doctors and other offices, as well as patients. Therefore, excellent customer service skills and excellent judgement are a must
Contact Darby Leach at email@example.com or 402-763-4929
Send us your professional openings in the "Contact Us" tab above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post it below and on our "Iowa Dental Assistant's Association" Facebook Page. Positions will be removed from this page as administration sees fit.